Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shook, Star Hill Feast Village

Feb 2009 - Dinner at Shook

We caught up with an old school friend, Sally and had dinner at the Shook.

Sally and I shared a Chinese meal. We ordered a hot and sour soup, stir fry beef with spring onion, a szechuan prawn, a Cantonese seafood noodle, and rice. Sally had ice lemon tea and I had a teh tarik.

Kevin decided to have western, he had a beef carpacio, and steak beef with soft shell crab. He also had a campari.

Total cost for 3 = RM460

Ratings
Food quality = 10/10
Ambience and cleanliness = 10/10
Value for money = 9/10
Service = 9/10

Lily's comment: Excellent. The best fine dining restaurant I've ever been. The service staff made an effort to order my teh tarik from another nearby restaurant at the Star Hill Feast Village when it wasn't on the drink menu. It appears that expatriates like to dine here. The food quality is excellent. I had the best hot and sour soup ever! Not a fan of beef, I really enjoyed the stir fry beef with spring onion. The cantonese seafood fried noodle is so delicious, the kway teow was fried to a bit brownish which give it a little burnt taste, which is the secret to a good cantonese fried noodle. Kevin also enjoyed his cuisine very much and he was so impressed with the 6 star service provided. The menu catered for all type of cuisine, Japanese, Chinese, Western, etc. I've dined there once about 2 years ago but was not that impress with the service, I reckon it has improved.

No comments: