Sunday, September 27, 2009

Waves Seafood Restaurant - Cronulla

27/09/2009 - Lunch at Waves Seafood Restaurant

Entree:
Soup of the day - tomato soup
Salt and Pepper Calamari

Main:
Both of us had the special of the day - Grilled Barammundi with scallops and potatoes

Side dishes: Mixed herb bread

Beverage:A bottle of cabernot savignon ($60), and sparkling water

Dessert:1 short black1 Latte

Total cost for 2 = $190

Ratings
Food quality = 5/10
Ambience and cleanliness = 7/10
Value for money = 4/10
Service = 2/10

Lily's Comment: Average.
The restaurant has a nice ambience, with high ceiling and most of the tables are rounded shape.
I am not that impress with the service of this particular waiter throughout. As we entered the restaurant,, I came in first before Kevin but this waiter only wanted to acknowledge him. Throughout the whole lunch experience, I got this feeling that I was invisible - if you know what I meant, its like at times some 'arrogant' people just choose to ignore you. Never mind that I thought to myself, he is nothing but just a waiter.

By the time our entree came, I was feeling very hungry. However, I found that my salt and pepper calamari very chewy and tough. My jaw was hurting when I've finished eating it.
The fish was nice though.

There are so many nice restaurants that we've been in Cronulla. This one did not impress me at all. I will not recommend to anyone nor go back again. They also don't have an ocean view as many other seafood restaurants in Cronulla do. My thought is that this restaurant is overly priced since it does not have an ocean view. You can see a little view if you stretch your neck.

I would also strongly suggest that they live up to their claim of 'warm hospitality' in their website homepage.

No comments: